"Writing Usable, User-Friendly SOPs"
Effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are crucial for every organization interested in producing quality products and ensuring an injury-free workplace and standardized processes. For too many companies, however, their SOPs are poorly written and designed, not user-friendly, and include too much (or too little) information. Sometimes, they're just plain hard to follow!
We've worked with a variety of firms, including pharma, government, oil and gas, utilities, and manufacturing, training their teams to write clear, concise, and usable SOPs. As part of this SOP writing training, we can also conduct a gap analysis to help you understand where your SOPs are and where they need to be, write and edit SOPs, and design user-friendly templates.
This hands-on training teaches participants to write user-friendly SOPs by focusing on
- Process mapping to understand where the process fits
- Writing easy to follow steps
- Including the right sections in the appropriate order
- Using graphics to enhance usability
- Using language effectively to increase clarity
- Using various rhetorical tools and strategies to ensure ease of use
- Using notes, cautions, and warnings effectively
- Developing various troubleshooting strategies to ensure the SOPs function as intended