"Effective Writing for Engineers" Course Description
Yes, engineers have to write (although for many, writing is painful!). Whether their readers are clients, colleagues, or taxpayers; federal or state agencies; laypeople or experts, your engineers need to write clearly and succinctly enough to convey the message the first time.
Don’t panic. They can do this.
Our writing workshop, designed specifically for engineers, teaches logical, easy-to-implement strategies that will give them the tools they need to write concise, precise, targeted documents. They’ll spend less time writing and editing and more time doing the work that’s really important.
Offered as a customized onsite workshop, webinar, and virtually.
- Incorporate effective planning strategies into their writing process
- Analyze their readers to write a targeted document
- Write for skimmers
- Use logic to craft a well-written document
- Use the problem-solving process to plan, write, and revise
- Structure concise, on-target sentences and paragraphs
- Write the various sections of engineering documents
- Use precise language
- Write concise engineering documents
- Apply effective proofreading and editing strategies to their documents
The Hurley Write Difference
We customize all of our workshops using your team’s or organization’s writing examples. Our proven process will ensure that your team has the strategies to write effective documents.
Hurley Write ...
Instructors are experts—they have extensive backgrounds in the science of giving effective presentations
Focuses on your team’s needs in terms of creating and delivering effective presentations
Provides a team experience to ensure ongoing collaboration and learning
Provides ongoing support after the workshop to ensure concepts are applied in meaningful ways
Hurley Write Does NOT ...
Use “talking heads” as instructors who lack knowledge about presentations
Use a cookie-cutter approach to address your team’s presentation needs
Offer a “one-and-done” workshop with no follow-up