"Better Editing and Reviewing"
How much time and energy does your team devote to reviewing and editing? And how much of that time and energy is rewarded with improved documents? Too often, the review process isn’t standardized, which results in lots of wasted time, comments that aren’t useful, and no real improvement in documents. Our customized corporate workshop, “Better Editing,” teaches your team how to edit documents in less time and provide more useful comments that your writers can use. In addition, we can help your team develop a process, including templates and tools, that will streamline the review process and result in better documents.
This course, offered as either a one- or two-day customized, instructor-led workshop, focuses on
- Highlighting the differences between editing and proofreading
- Editing for appropriate organization and conciseness
- Editing for consistency
- Editing according to standards of readability
- Editing for flow
- Providing useful feedback to writers
- Strategies to save time in the review process
- Brief lectures
- Interactive discussion
- In-class examples and exercises
- Group breakout sessions after every major concept