"Better Business Writing" Course Description
A business document is many things. A first impression, a proposal, a story, a demonstration, a promise. For some businesses, the document is the writing deliverable, the reason they do what they do.
But none of that matters if your clients don’t understand the document.
Our course, "Better Business Writing," gives your team the tools they need to develop strategies to write accessible business documents efficiently and with confidence.
The result: a team with better business writing skills who will showcase your organization’s professionalism and talent and ensure that your clientele is interested and engaged.Customized “Better Business Writing” Workshop Topics
- Planning Strategies
- Understanding Audience and Purpose
- Analyzing Readers
- Applying Problem-Solving Skills to the Writing Process
- Writing Concisely
- Using Organization to Guide Readers
- Writing Effective Emails
- Writing Clear Memos, Reports, and Other Business Documents
- Editing and Proofreading Effectively
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Create strategies to write more effectively
- Develop useful prewriting strategies
- Understand how to use language effectively
- Discuss the role of organization in facilitating reading
- Apply logical strategies to plan, write, and revise
- Write clear emails, memos, reports, and other business documents