"Writing for Marketers" Course Description
Writing is an essential skill for today’s marketing professionals. From annual brand plans to strategic briefs to updates for senior management, marketers must deliver their Points of View in concise, compelling language. We understand not only how marketers speak, but how they can effectively address their diverse audiences – senior management, sales, advertising agencies, legal, and product supply. Our customized onsite marketing writing training courses will teach them how to efficiently plan, write, and revise their documents into a language that their readers can understand.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should be able to
- Define their various audiences and the specific needs of each audience, including internal stakeholders, market research vendors, and external agencies
- Identify the intended outcome of each document they create
- Create writing strategies that suit their audience and intended outcome
- Understand how to represent the voice-of-the-customer (VOC) effectively in influencing business decisions
- Evaluate and choose language to improve their writing effectiveness, while reinforcing an objective, unbiased tone
- Demonstrate various editing and proofreading techniques
The Hurley Write Difference
We customize all of our workshops using your team’s or organization’s writing examples. Our proven process will ensure that your team has the strategies to write effective documents.
Hurley Write ...
Instructors are experts—they have extensive backgrounds in the science of giving effective presentations
Focuses on your team’s needs in terms of creating and delivering effective presentations
Provides a team experience to ensure ongoing collaboration and learning
Provides ongoing support after the workshop to ensure concepts are applied in meaningful ways
Hurley Write Does NOT ...
Use “talking heads” as instructors who lack knowledge about presentations
Use a cookie-cutter approach to address your team’s presentation needs
Offer a “one-and-done” workshop with no follow-up