"Useful Business Idioms to Master and Buzzwords to Avoid"
While it is not possible to present a comprehensive review of English grammar in a limited set of webinars, this course addresses some of the most frequent grammatical challenges that business writing in English poses for non-native speakers.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify and correct errors in subject/verb agreement
- Identify and correct incomplete and run-on sentences
- Change overly complex sentences into simpler sentences
- Understand when and how to write sentences in passive versus active voice
- Use verbal rather than nominal word forms
- Identify and correct errors in parallel structure
- Eliminate unnecessary wordiness
- Avoid using qualifiers that express uncertainty.
- Avoid commonly misused words (use/utilize; there/their/they’re; principal/principle, etc.)
- Order a series of pre-nominal adjectives correctly
- Write from the point of view of the company versus the individual