Exceptional Technical Writing
Here’s the good news: if your employees are critical thinkers, they’re already better writers than they think they are. And we’ve got amazing teachers to help them find their stride.
In this interactive six-module technical writing online course, they’ll be introduced to various technical writing concepts that will improve their ability to write cleanly, crisply, and succinctly. They’ll develop strategies to plan, write, and revise quickly and easily, empowering them to write user-friendly, more readable technical documents that reflect positively on the organization.
All of our online technical writing courses are SCORM 1.2-, SCORM 2004-, and AICC-compliant and each module takes roughly 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
- Voiced lectures
- A professional editor (Options 2 and 3)
- The Hurley Write Cheat Sheet
- A copy of the Hurley Write eBook, Writing Strategies For Corporate America (Option 3)
- Knowledge checks
- Take-away tips
- Writing options
- Written feedback on submitted writing (Options 2 and 3)
- Certificate of Completion
- One online video-chat session with your editor, per-module (Option 3)
And if online courses aren’t your thing, we have customized onsite effective technical writing courses and webinars, all tailored to meet your needs.
Module 1: Developing a Writing Strategy
- The importance of audience and purpose analysis
- The importance of developing a writing strategy
- Presenting a positive image through writing
- Ensuring readability
Module 2: Organizational Strategies
- Understanding the importance of good organization
- Creating outlines and more
- Exploring the vast universe of organization; or organizing sentences, paragraphs, and documents
- Types of organizational strategies
Module 3: Using Language Effectively
- Being precise and concise
- Using appropriate emphasis
- Avoiding wordiness
- Avoiding language "traps"
- Making your writing more emphatic and readable
Module 4: Constructing Effective Sentences and Paragraphs
- Emphasizing appropriately
- Understanding how readers read
- Using longer and shorter paragraphs
- Understanding appropriate sentence structure
Module 5: Writing the Technical Report
- Writing the body of the technical report
- Understanding the components of the technical report
- Creating the appropriate argument
- Ensuring that the report is readable and usable
Module 6: Editing and Proofreading Strategies
- When to edit and when to proofread
- Becoming your own best editor
- What to look for in editing
- Developing practical editing and proofreading techniques
Need more info? Click here for a PDF that outlines objectives and concepts covered in the online technical writing course!
To reach a Customer Service Representative call us toll-free at 877-24WRITE (249-7483).