Competency-based training is a growing trend in business training and in higher education that aims to deliver better results and truly practical skills. But when you’re targeting training for specific skills and outcomes, can you trust an outside provider to create a program that meets your company’s needs?
The number of companies outsourcing their training to third-party vendors is growing. In a climate of tight budgets and sometimes brutal competition, any company looking to outsource its training has to be sure it’s choosing the right partner, one with which the company can develop a beneficial relationship.
Company training leaders also need to ensure that they and their employees get the highest possible value from the training. That means the training must match business needs while ensuring learner competency in the desired skill set.
When looking for a training vendor, start by asking the following key questions:
- How can your courses help us achieve our business goals?
- Are your online and onsite courses led by qualified experts who understand our industry, not scripted trainers?
- Are your courses off-the-shelf or will you customize them for our company and industry?
- Do you offer flexible formats (online, staggered onsite, series, shorter sessions) and timelines?
- How do you assess participants’ competency?
- Are learners assessed before and after training to measure progress?
- What kind of feedback do you provide participants?
- When the course is over, do you provide ongoing follow-up or resources to help learners keep their skills current?
- How successful have you been at delivering on your training promises?
- Do you provide one-on-one coaching?
For today’s businesses, the written materials companies produce are their handshakes, the most visible ways their customers get to know them. Hurley Write’s industry-specific writing courses can teach your team members valuable writing skills quickly to ensure the writing they’re delivering represents your company in the best possible light.
In addition, we customize all our courses to your team members’ needs and deliver them in a highly interactive, workshop-style format to help ensure participant engagement and competency. Training doesn't stop there, as Hurley Write also offers webinars, white papers, writing tips, and more for continued education.
Your training strategy has the potential to significantly impact your business's success. Be sure you’re working with a partner who shares your goals.